Inside Track – December 2017
This month’s topics:
- In 2018, inequality will be by far the greatest socio-economic issue.
- In the short term, Trump’s $1.5tr tax cut will energize the US economy by boosting GDP growth, with two immediate consequences in 2018.
- Three recent developments support the argument that EU cohesion will strengthen.
- Brexit and Macron are powerful examples of what narratives (negative for the former, positive for the latter) can do to economic performance.
- Moody’s – a leading rating agency – just decided to weight more heavily risks associated with climate change when evaluating creditworthiness.
- AI’s move to centre stage was one of the most notable things of 2017.