Inside Track – May 2018
This month’s topics:
- Global economic growth remains robust, but it is levelling off.
- Emerging markets (EM) are going through a rough patch, bound to worsen.
- Despite running at more or less full employment, the US economy is more fragile than it looks.
- Italy’s political convulsions are severely testing our bullishness (when compared to the rest of the world) on Europe.
- Slowly but surely, the Atlantic Alliance – the bedrock of Western stability since WWII – is unravelling.
- New research shows that the diffusion of new technologies into higher productivity can take as much as 20 years.