Inside Track – September 2017
This month’s topics:
- There are no imminent signs that the global economic recovery is about to end.
- China’s peaceful ‘invasion’ of the world will be one of the big stories of the next 30 years.
- The backlash against the tech industry is becoming a major global trend, regulatory onslaught will slow their growth and squeeze margins.
- Reconstruction spurs GDP growth without creating any new wealth.
- ESG strategies are fast becoming one of the most enduring investment trends, outperforming most other strategies.
- Our obsession with wellbeing, and in particular happiness, is making us unwell.
- In the coming years, the debate about data privacy and ownership will rage. More regulatory intervention is a given.