All of our team are lovers of the great outdoors. So you can imagine why the following wealth management analogy appeals to us.
Let's assume we want to sail across an ocean.
Before we know which type of boat design is best to get us there, we first need to get a deeper understanding of:
- The winds and the currents along our route
- The likely severity of storms we may experience
- How different boat designs might be expected to behave in these conditions
- How long the trip may take
Once we have a clear picture of this, we need to consider that:
- The safest boats are large, but slow.
- Whereas, faster boats tend to be less safe.
Building the right portfolio is like choosing the right boat design. It balances safety and performance — to help your journey across the ocean be a rewarding, but safe one.